Monday, June 22, 2009

Graduation


After six years of hard work, I did it! I received my Ph.D. in May 2009. The picture above is of me on stage at the Bradley Center in Milwaukee being "hooded" by my dissertation advisor and the Dean of the Graduate School. The man on the left is Fr. Wild, President of Marquette. What a thrill!! We celebrated with family and friends on a beautiful day in June. There was PLENTY of food off the grill and two cakes. Jon tells me that now I should get a real job! As luck would have it, I was asked to be a temporary professor (or instructor?) at Marquette during the 2009-2010 school year. I will be teaching Cell Biology to Sophomores and Genetics to Juniors and Seniors. Even though I have been a student for the past 26 years, I am suddenly finding myself on the other side of the desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment